Nexus Policy Group develops authentic relationships on behalf of our clients. We are public policy advocates offering a wide range of services, including:
• Setting goals and public policy priorities
• Developing strategy, timing, and focus areas
• Educating policy makers and executive staff
• Official representation before the Colorado General Assembly
• Coalition building
• Extensive experience leading coalitions of diverse stakeholders
• Monitoring and tracking all legislation and rule-making efforts pertinent to our clients
• Issue management, development, passage, and when necessary defeat of legislation of importance to our clients.
- In a hostile legislative environment, opposed by both the Governor and legislative leadership, crafted the strategy and built the coalition that defeated major attacks by trial lawyers on Colorado doctors three years in a row.
- In-house expertise as property, sales, and income tax authors and experts.
- Preserved Colorado Peer Review system in the face of trial lawyers opposition in 2019.
- Nexus has played a lead role in building the coalitions and executing the legislative strategies to pass generational reforms that have become the basis for federal reform efforts, such as HB19-1174 to address Out-of-Network Health Care Services.
- Led the development and execution of HB17-1375 Colorado’s landmark legislation to help equalize funding for public charter school students.
Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Colorado
Colorado Competitive Council
Colorado League of Charter Schools
Hop Skip Drive
Pharmaceutical Care Management Association
Property and Casualty Insurers Association
Tobacco Free Kids
The Colorado Health Foundation
Tri-State Generation and Transmission
University of Northern Colorado
“Patrick’s knowledge of the legislative process is second to none. His ability to positively impact public policy and attention to client service makes him a top advocate.”
“Nexus is among the most respected lobbying firms in Colorado, with a proven record of success.”
“To work with Nexus Policy Group is to work with a lobbying firm that always puts your interests first.”
“They are an integral partner in our efforts to successfully navigate a range of complex health policy issues within Colorado’s ever-changing political landscape.”
“If I need the whole story, I go to Nexus. Their depth of policy knowledge and experience is unparalleled.”
“In the lobby, integrity is what separates the best from the rest and Nexus is known for their integrity”